What to Expect
From St. John's Lutheran Church:
- We are a liturgical congregation that uses our Synod's Service Book.
- We value children in our church and provide them the opportunity to participate in our services throughout the year.
- We celebrate the Lord's Supper at every Worship Service.
- Our services usually last about an hour and most worshippers arrive ten minutes early - don't worry there are always ushers to help you if you're running behind.
- Most worshippers attend Sunday service in business casual attire, while our Wednesday evening service is more casual.
From St. John's Lutheran School:
- Our students show respect to their peers and reverence to God.
- Our students are taught to respect themselves as God's unique children who have their own unique talents and gifts.
- Our students follow the dress code laid out in the Student Handbook.
- Our students are provided with a comprehensive program of education, so that they develop their talents and skills for responsible Christian living and service.
- Our students are nurtured in the Word and Will of God.
- Our students are have the opportunity to hear from guest speakers and professionals from the private and public sector. Examples include: Secretary of State Ruth Johnson, Lt. Governor Brian Calley, dental hygienists, and foreign missionaries.
From St. John's Faculty and Staff:
- We provide a Christ-centered education that prepares children spiritually and academically to be His disciples.
- We teach and model Christian values, morals, and stewardship.
- We provide the highest quality education that prepares our students for their continuing education in high school and beyond.
- We strive to develop and maintain a close, lasting relationship with the parents of our students.
- We know that the lives of parents today are increasingly busy, so we aim to provide parents the opportunity to worship with their children at chapel Monday - Friday throughout the week.