St. John's is a Believing Community:
Then they said to Jesus, “What must we do, to be doing the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” (John 6:28, 29)
[Jesus said,] “Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” (John 7:38)
- God has made parents the primary developers of Christian faith. Beginning at their child's baptism, parents are: prayed for, encouraged, and given the opportunity to find support and education from other members and groups at St. John's.
- If you would like to be married at St. John's please look over our handbook, It is necessary that your beliefs about marriage be biblically based - if this is the case, please contact the Church Office for more information.
- Parents are encouraged to be active participants in their child's education at our school.
- We believe that the best place for a child to worship is in the Sanctuary with their parents. It is there that children can learn how to properly worship God and ask the questions they need to in order to learn whats going on during the service. However, if your child needs either feeding or changing, we have a nursery located behind the sound booth in the Narthex. The nursery is equipped with chairs, a changing table, and blinds for your privacy.
- As a school, the entire community gathers every morning where they will hear a relatable message about Jesus, pray, sing, and give thanks to their God. We encourage parents, grandparents, and the rest of the family to attend as often as they can, so they can be encouraged that their children are learning about Jesus.